To register or to view your assigned projects, please log in by clicking the following:
Be sure to check these links to pages on the website that you will find useful:
Best of Fair Judges: By invitation only, up to 10 judges will review the rankings prepared by the Category Judges and make the final assignments for Division, Category and Best-of-Fair Awards. In your registration as a Category Judge, you can self-identify if you are also willing to be a Best-of-Fair Judge. The Chief Judge will contact you directly if you are in fact selected to be a Best-of-Fair Judge.
QUALIFICATIONS and REGISTRATION:
We are seeking a diverse judging pool of university and college graduates including professors, teachers, student-teachers, professional scientists and engineers, health care professionals, technicians, graduate students, postdoctoral fellows and research associates. Some projects need to be judged in French and require fluently bilingual judges.
Returning and new volunteer judges must register on-line (see Judges Home Page for registration dates). (Note: Clicking on the register link will take you to a different web site that is used for managing the Science Fair. After registering, you can return to this main web site by clicking on the link on the registration web site home page.)
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
Judging categories are:
- Human Health Science
- Life & Earth Science
- Physical & Mathematical Science
- Engineering & Computing Science
Before the Day-of-Fair:
Category judges will be assigned between 4 and 6 projects to judge during the evening session of the science fair. All category judging is completed during this evening judging session. An e-mail will be sent to each category judge about 1 week before the fair, to notify you that project assignments have been made and directing you to go to the Fair Registration / Log-in Page and that you should login and see your judging assignments. At this time, we encourage you to look at the Pre-Fair Reports prepared by the students for your assigned projects and complete an assessment of these reports using the appropriate Marking Forms before the day of the fair. We will open access to these Pre-Fair Reports, when they are available (about 1 week before the fair) and after you have received an e-mail identifying that the project assignments have been made (about 1 week before the fair). For your help, we have attached a useful guide on how to be a good science fair judge which has good advice on how to interact with the student on the day-of-fair.
The Pre-Fair Reports and Category Judging Schedule will be available approximately 1 week prior to the day-of-fair
Download the FLASF-Primaryevaluationform (for Project Numbers 11xx) and/or FLASF-JISevaluationform (for Project Numbers 22xx, 33xx and 44xx) here.
- Category Judges should check in at the Category Judge Table on the First Day of Fair at 5:00 pm at Duncan McArthur Hall, Queens University, Kingston. The Hall is located on the north-west corner of Union Street and Sir John A. MacDonald Boulevard. A complimentary light dinner (sandwiches and refreshments) will also be available at this time.
- Category Award judges will pick up a name tag and Marking Sheets, as required (Category judges are encouraged to print copies of the appropriate marking sheets before the day of fair and to complete the pre-fair evaluation part of the marking sheet). To help find the projects, there will be a list with project titles, project numbers and their location at the science fair.
- The Chief Judge’s briefing is at 5:30 pm on the first day of the fair. Judging is from 6:00 pm until 9:00 pm on this First Day of Fair.
- Category judges are invited to the public viewing of the projects from 10 am to 12 noon on the Second Day of Fair, and to the Awards Ceremony at 1:30 pm on the Second Day of Fair.
Fair Schedule for Category and Best-of-Fair Judging:
First Day of Fair
5:00 pm Sign-in and complimentary light supper
5:30 - 5:45 pm Briefing by Chief Judge
6:00 - 9:00 pm All Category Award Judging and completion of all marking sheets
Second Day of Fair
8:30 am Best-of-Fair Judge (only) Sign-in
9:00 - 11:00 am Best-of-Fair judging (only)
ADDITIONAL PROGRAM ITEMS:
Second Day of Fair
Morning: Fair is open to public and visiting schools
Afternoon: Awards Ceremony
If you are interested, you are invited to attend either of these events.
See Schedule Page for timing.
If you have any questions about registering as a judge or need further information about judging, please contact us at