To register or to view your assigned projects:
Be sure to check these Links to pages on this website that you will find useful:
Special Award Judges:
By invitation of the sponsor, the special award judges evaluate projects for the special awards. In your registration, you will self identify which special award you have been invited to judge. If you have been invited to be a special award judge, please follow the link for Special Award Judge.
Before the Day-of-Fair:
Please note that Special Award Judges are required to register on-line. (Note: Clicking on the register link will take you to a different web site that is used for managing the Science Fair. After registering, you can return to this main web site by clicking on the link on the registration web site home page.)
If you have any questions or difficulties about special award registration, please Contact us at or
Special award judges are asked to review the project titles and pre-fair reports before the fair. This will help you to identify which projects meet the special award criteria and to help focus project evaluation on the day-of-the-fair. The Pre-Fair Reports for all projects will be available on line approximately 1 week prior to the day-of-the-fair. The project reports are arranged by level and category and are assigned a unique project number.
- Special Award judges should check in at the Special Awards Table on the First Day of Fair at 5:00 pm at Duncan McArthur Hall, Queens University, Kingston. The Hall is located on the north-west corner of Union Street and Sir John A. MacDonald Boulevard.
- Special Award judges will pick up a name tag and a Judging Record Sheet to complete for their Special Award. To help find the projects, there will be a list with project titles, project numbers and their location at the science fair.
- The Chief Judge’s briefing is at 5:30 pm on the First Day of Fair. Judging is from 6:00 pm until 9:00 pm on the First Day of Fair.*
- The completed judging Record Sheet for the Special Award should be returned by the end of the First Day of Fair evening to the Special Award Table.Note: If there is more than one judge for a given Special Award, only one judging Record Sheet for the Special Award should be returned giving your consensus results. Please contact the other judges for your specific special award before the Fair to arrange how you will work together at the Fair.
- All judging of the Special Awards is to be completed no later than 11:00 am on the Second Day of Fair.
- A light supper will be provided to judges (complimentary) on the First Day of Fair evening, starting at 5:00 pm.
- Special award judges are invited to the public viewing of the projects from 10 am to 12 noon on the Second Day of Fair, and to the Awards Ceremony at 1:30 pm on the Second Day of Fair.
FAIR SCHEDULE FOR SPECIAL AWARDS:
First Day of Fair
5:00 pm Sign-in (look for Special Awards Table) and complimentary light supper
5:30 - 5:45 pm Briefing by Chief Judge
6:00 - 9:00 pm Special Awards Judging
Return Judging Record Sheets to Special Awards Table
Second Day of Fair
8:30 am Sign-in (look for Special Awards Table)
9:00 - 11:00 am If required, Special Awards Judging for levels junior to senior
10:00 - 11:00 am If required, Special Awards Judging for all levels (primary to senior)
*There are a very limited number of time slots for judging from 9:00 to 11:00 am on the Second Day of Fair. All Special Awards judging to be completed and Judging Record Sheets to be returned no later than 11:00 am on the Second Day of Fair.
ADDITIONAL PROGRAM ITEMS
Second Day of Fair
Morning: Fair is open to public and visiting schools
Afternoon: Awards Ceremony
If you are interested, you are invited to attend either of these events.
See Schedule Page for timing.
If you have any questions about special award judging, please contact us at